|Molecular Weight:||60.1||Category:||Industrial Fine Chemicals|
Isopropyl alcohol CAS 67-63-0 Industrial Fine Chemicals
An organic compound, the isomer of n-propanol, also known as dimethylmethanol and 2-propanol, also known as IPA in the industry. It is a colorless and transparent liquid with a smell like a mixture of ethanol and acetone. Soluble in water, but also in alcohol, ether, benzene, chloroform and other organic solvents. Isopropanol is an important chemical product and raw material. Mainly used in pharmaceutical, cosmetics, plastics, spices, coatings, etc.
|Appearance, Odour||Colorless clarity liquid, no odour|
|Water content||0.10% max|
|Evaporation residue||0.002% max|
|Carbonyl value||0.01% max|
|Sulfide content(mg/kg)||1 max|
|Water soluble experiment||pass|
1. It is widely used as organic raw material and solvent. As chemical raw materials, it can produce acetone, hydrogen peroxide, methyl isobutyl ketone, diisobutyl ketone, isopropylamine, isopropyl ether, isopropyl chloride, isopropyl fatty acid and isopropyl chloride. In fine chemical industry, it can be used to produce isopropyl nitrate, isopropyl xanthate, triisopropyl phosphite, aluminum isopropanol, medicine and pesticide, etc. it can also be used to produce diisoacetone, isopropyl acetate, thymol and gasoline additives.
2. As a solvent, it is relatively cheap in industry, widely used, can mix freely with water, has stronger solubility to lipophilic substances than ethanol, and can be used as a solvent for nitrocellulose, rubber, paint, shellac, alkaloid, etc. It can be used to produce coatings, inks, extractants, aerosols, etc. It can also be used as antifreeze, cleaner, additive for blending gasoline, dispersant for pigment production, fixative for printing and dyeing industry, antifogging agent for glass and transparent plastics, etc. Used as diluent of adhesive, also used as antifreeze, dehydrating agent, etc.
3. As a chromatographic standard, determine barium, calcium, copper, magnesium, nickel, potassium, sodium, strontium, nitrite, cobalt, etc.
4. It is used as defoamer for water-based fracturing fluid of oil well. Air forms explosive mixture, which can cause combustion and explosion in case of open fire and high heat, and can react strongly with oxidant.
5. In the electronic industry, it can be used as cleaning oil remover. In the oil industry, the extractant of cottonseed oil can also be used to degrease animal derived tissue membrane.
We can customize according to customer's requirement.
If you have any question pls mail us or call us.